Critigen partners with startups, non-profits, aid agencies, and established commercial companies to deliver high quality design, innovative features and scalable solution architectures. Our spatial solutions have ranged from tools that improve internal process and workflows to consumer-focused mobile apps with backend architectures that can massively scale.
We are consultants working in small project teams to develop innovative applications, using the best technology out there. Our developers, engineers and designers enjoy the freedom to explore new tools and methods while applying them in our collaborative environment.
We are looking for an intrepid Systems / Solutions Architect who has a passion for building innovative platforms and applications utilizing data. In this role, you will research, design, and implement scalable solutions based on open source technologies and microservice frameworks. You will monitor technology trends and track emerging technologies, while guiding engineering teams to coding standards, testing best practices, framework usage, and code review tools and processes. You will review solutions and designs of peers, including data models and pipeline design, to provide appropriate feedback for performance optimization and recommending solutions that reduce/manage risk and deliver value.
In this position you will work remotely from your home office with occasional travel.
Top Candidates Will Have:
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in leading data strategy engagements involving the architecture of modern data platforms with technologies such as Big Data and Cloud
- 10+ years of experience with software architectural design, application development, integration, and testing
Key Experience / Skills
- We are looking for someone who has experience with:
- Demonstrated experience developing data architectures for geospatial platforms and ETL data pipelines;
- Extensive experience with enterprise data architecture for transactional systems, analytical platforms, master data management, data governance framework, data integration and large-scale data migration;
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores (Graph databases, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Object Stores, Hadoop, MongoDB, EDB), data lake and data fabric concepts;
- Experience conceptualizing architectures for use cases, then implementing and iterating on the architecture;
- Experience designing instrumentation, metering and monitoring at large volumes and broad scale.
- Demonstrated experience with data governance and data management practices such as metadata management, data quality, data stewardship, and master data management;
- Experience in data privacy and regulatory compliance and familiarity with industry and government regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA;
- Utilizing Agile and Scrum methodologies for the software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated experience with systems engineering and systems architecture best practices;
- Great work habits, organizational, detail oriented and flexible enough to roll with changing priorities and tight deadlines;
- A proven track record of innovation as well as being detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to new development environments and changing business requirements;
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- We will also utilize your experience with:
- Experience with API-first architecture design, distributed systems (e.g., microservices, virtualization) and cloud infrastructure for large scale data warehouses, data lakes, data fabrics;
- Experience and/or knowledge in several of the following technology areas: Scala, Spark, Python, Bash, Java, Kubernetes, SQL, stored procedures, Kafka;
- Data science experience with machine learning and recommendation engines;
- Excellent and demonstrable oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complicated concepts in simple terms across levels and functions.
- We hope that you are interested in meeting us and exploring a career with our Open Data & Development Team.
Critigen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.