Cloud Engineer, AVP -Remote
Cloud Engineer, AVP -Remote
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
In this role you will have the unique opportunity to utilize technical knowledge and analytical skills to design and optimize cloud infrastructure, standardize technology stack for cloud and datacenters applications, engineering and apply cloud services and solutions in database, big data, machine learning and advanced analytics spaces, delivering morden cloud data capabilities to drive implementation of cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development and business stakeholders.
- Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities including AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation, and custom scripting to extend the AWS services
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
-Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for AWS infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with a major in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience in computer science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing, developing and delivering key functions / features / solutions in mission critical services solutions in large complex Global IT environment
- Architect level understanding of AWS, network, system, information security, including key concepts such as:
- DNS, IP addressing, Routing, Firewall; AWS VPC, and Security Group
- Data Encryption at-rest and in-transit, Certificate and TLS
- Compute and storage, including virtualization, container, data replication techniques; AWS S3 and EC2
- NFR (Non-Functional Requirements), i.e. Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Scalability, Performance and Sizing
- Access Control: Authentication vs. Authorization, and Secrets Management
- Deep technical expertise in development, engineering and operations for network, system, information security, database, big data and analytics with COTS (Commercial off-the-Shelf), AWS and OSS (Open Source Software) based technologies poses Subject Matter Expert level skills in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Administration and/or development experience of RDBMS and Data Warehouse
- Administration and/or development experience of NoSQL
- Apache Hadoop ecosystem and/or AWS EMR administration and/or development experiences with Spark and/or Hive
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow and/or AWS SageMaker
- Business Impact Analysis, Disaster Recovery Plan, Design, Development and Implementation
- AWS S3, Glue and Athena
- Data ingestion / migration with AWS DMS, Kinesis or other data streaming solutions, such as Kafka
- 5+ years experience with AWS hosting technologies: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), IAM, S3, Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Relational Database Service (RDS), Lambda, Simple Email Service (SES), Simple Notification Service (SNS), Containers, Application Programming Interface (API) Gateway, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.